Thread: Capable
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2010, 08:48 PM
Self appointed antipimp
Member of: Bisley
Default Re Lution court case

I'm sorry to let you know that Ian has been found guilty as charged. His barrister has lodged an appeal. He doesn't have to go to prison or pay a fine but he does have to report to a probation officer and do community service. Ian is bearing up remarkably well given what he has been through - thankfully he has a supportive woman by his side. I have passed on the good wishes from shooters on this forum.

The jury found Ian not guilty of the charges relating to my rifle - ie: selling a section one firearm to me.

He was found guilty of owning a section one firearm - the Phoenix. This is the hand-made prototype that the lab in Warrington completely ruined in the process of dismantling and modifying. The jury were shown what happened to the rifle in the lab, but obviously failed to grasp why this was wrong.

He was found guilty of possessing a Rapid that was over the limit. This was an action out of its stock that had been brought in for a calibre change from .177 to .22, which consequently put it over the limit. Ian was about to turn it down and put it back in its stock when he was raided. The customer had a firearm certificate, but this was a 12 fpe rifle that he wanted to keep that way.

Ian had already pleaded guilty of possessing live .22 bullets.

I understand that the UK airgun industry is alert to the dire implications of this case - Edgar Brothers will be funding the appeal.

Needless to say, these are dark times for Ian .

We all have to be careful, this has been ripped from another forum.
Gone racing

Last edited by villiers; 11th October 2010 at 08:50 PM.