View Single Post
Old 10th October 2010, 06:10 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by waynegal View Post
Hello Friends,I have a MK4 ev and till last weekend it was shooting very consistent 70 shots 757-780 fps and was one of my best rifles to shoot.Today I went to the range and started practising again with the difference of nearly not dropping 6 out of 10 targets .I when`t to check it on chrono and found the rifle shoothing at 657 ftps and reached a maximum of 756 ft/ps after 25 shots .sometimes I had a 20ft/ps shift between shots .It was filled at 180bar as usual using JSB 4.52 8.4 grain .I am from Malta and I am considering send it back to uk for service or selling it coz its a rifle that I can`t work so mhuc on it myself and If I where in uk not mhuc postage to AA and paperwork involved ,I am shooting my 5 th tin of pellets and im really unhappy today .CAn sombody pinpoint a similar problem what can be.
Any help appreciated,
Your initial figures of 757 - 780 are not very good for an Ev2 from what i have seen. Most I would say might expect aroud 10-15 at most variation.

Do the 10 minute test.

fire a shot over the chrono, or several, note the readings. If they are fairy consistant all well and good.

Ten leave the gun 10+ minutes and check the 1st shot again. If its dropped 30+ fps, its the not uncommon Ev2 Reg problem and needs a service.

Have you tried other pellets to see what variation in fps is?

Have to say it sounds like the Reg needs servicing though?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85