View Single Post
Old 9th October 2010, 07:12 PM
Member of: Castle

Originally Posted by berty177 View Post
I agree withy what Ian is saying, at least we would have an idea of what we would be looking at when we do go away.

I agree with James, practice is what maakes us better, I practice all my close distances to ensure I know where to aim when it matters.

What I was asking was... what do people think themselves of reduced kill zones on courses and would they like to see 15mm kills involved in courses or make 25mm kills a little longer? That is what I was getting at. There is a mixed feeling which I knew there would be regarding this issue.

It would be good if persons aired their opinions and put it to their regional reps for the BFTA meetings so we can chat about them there. It would be even nicer if some people who are big names in the sport went to the BFTA meetings as they would be able to give better ideas of setting up courses. The same people could then give their thoughts and experiences on FT courses that they have competed within in other countries???

Again just a thought.

The problem is berty a lot of people do not get involved in putting courses and we all have different ideas and standards with some people the mentality is no one is going to clear our course and normally they are thr courses that are s**t at best it is dead easy to put a course out like that, the south african lads put a lot of effort into the planning and location of their courses with all due respect you would NEVER have cleared any of their courses but it was the same for everyone. Most of the comments from the worlds this year were that the courses were clearable again in the United states in 2007 you would have had to have used 20Ft pounds or have been very lucky i personaly think the lads in N Ireland (even though i did s**t) myself just about got the course about right you need Good Shooters that know what they are talking about to advise or even better put the courses out if a course is not a 48+ ex50 it should not be a championship course Pepe won this year on pure skill not luck and THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD ALLWAYS BE.