View Single Post
Old 6th October 2010, 10:23 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

think it was the best championship course i've shot... no lottery shots... that kneeler was tight, and the wind was light (in fact i found it more tricky on day 2 when there was little, and i seem to do better on a subtle wind)... it wasn't a beginner's course, and the wind made the scores high, in fact i think given the sustained level needed, it was clearable... it would have been a lower scoring round if the wind really did pick up, but think it would have been just as tight.

there were several mutterings about how we should have reducers in different sizes and perhaps disciplines in the uk... one idea mooted was to have perhaps a reducer lane or two, using the HFTF idea of mm size + 10 yds... so 15mm out to 25yds, 20 out to 30yds etc... optional of course because each region has it's own flavour, but considering how every uk shooter stepped up to the plate even though they weren't familiar, it might add another facet... change always brings on debate, but i can't think of anyone who went over who didn't think it was something to look at. But as you say, you don't want lottery shots...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep