View Single Post
Old 6th October 2010, 10:04 PM
RobF's Avatar
RobF RobF is offline
My Empire of Dirt
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Location: Poole, Dorset
Posts: 10,171

Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Me too Rob, bit of a nightmare really , have you contacted the French directly.

I notice that a single shot air rifle is classed a Category 7 not 1 to 5, is there a possibility there.

pdf attached
afraid not...

Category 7 weapons and ammunition
You reside in another Member State of the European Union and you are travelling to
France (temporary transfer)
Hunters and sporting shooters can visit France with one or more firearms in order to carry on
their activity, without prior authorisation, under the following conditions:
they must be in possession of the European firearms pass referring to the firearms;
hunters must be able to prove that they are travelling for the purpose of hunting, and
sporting shooters must show an invitation in writing or proof of their registration for an
official target shooting competition bearing the date and the location of the competition;
hunters who hold hunting permits can introduce three hunting firearms in category 5 or
classified among category 7 firearms subject to declaration, and one hundred cartridges per
efp required...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Reply With Quote