Thread: First PCP...
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Default First PCP...

Well I'm about to make my first PCP purchase, ive played with a few, read a ton of magazine and user reviews and have come to the conclusion that most guns are equally amazing whilst at the same time being absolute crud... lol there were so many conflicting bits of info all i could do was go with my gut feeling...
Im limiting myself to around the 500-700 range and the short list is as follows...

AA S510
HW 100S
Daystate Huntsman
Prestige Kub Thumbhole Side Bolt Action Multishot
BSA ultra multishot for now and save a bit longer for an EV2?

At the moment im just starting out, but i dont think it will be too long before i would like to possibly try an open HFT/HT comp.
ive held all but two and fired half of them but want to get a general idea which would best suit my purpose?
The BSA i threw in there because i cant decide if its best to hold out and buy the best gun i can to save faffing later on or if i should buy an intermediate rifle (that will be more than enough for me now) but then have to take a loss on it when it comes to upgrading later on?

Theres probably been a million and one posts like this and i apologise in advance for that but i would really appreciate a bit more of an informed view.

Bisley Field Target Organisation
Air Arms S400 + Nikko 3-9x40 IR
Diana Mod 45 Original
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread