View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2010, 07:10 PM
Thumbs up Another new Plinker...

Hi all,
i just recently got a second hand old .22 springer (Diana 45 MOD '88) and joined the BFTO, Originally when i joined i just liked shooting in general and was looking for a foothold to get me started, I had no idea about any of the disciplines but just found that i enjoyed shooting targets and for me the challenge is to shoot as far as i can whilst staying accurate and i think long term i had the idea to get a FAC and shoot .308's etc.
Now ive been to the club a few times i can see that ive greatly underestimated modern air rifles and the skill in using them! Watching people repeatedly hitting a tiny spinner target at 55yds over and over really impressed me and the guns have come some way since i last held one about 15+ years ago!

So now i havent completely dismissed the FAC but i look forward to hopefully becoming as proficient as some of our club members and i am happy that i have loads of room for improvement and some great rifles to look forward too! I'm sure that time spent behind an air rifle will only put me in better stead for if and when i do eventually decided to get a FAC.
Also a nice surprise is the social aspect of FT/HFT and plinking, i can sometimes be a slow burner when it comes to meeting lots of new people but there are many here and at my club that i look forward to meeting and borrowing all your tips and advice!

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread