View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2010, 03:47 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Mixed bag today... Lots of movement on the scores up and down
Conditions were good but the extremely feint wind gave me problems and I lost 4 to that before letting my head down on the positionals to end up 9 down. Neil got eaten at by the wind alongside me to go 8 even though he nailed most of his positions and dave suffered as well with a 7. On the bright side though calps was good on a 4 as was James... Cozzy leading the team with a 3 and mr g sticking his first team score in with a 6. So 17 dropped today but the boys from sa had a bit of a mare with dave leading the team on a 6. Haven't heard the other scores but faces told us the story.
Pepone and Craig lead the day on 2 and conner was close behind on 3 with Berty so it is tight at the top for the individual.
Paula and loopy stuck in 37s to keep their chances in the ladies strong and Paul stretched his lead over nicks 36 with another 41. Stunning. Nice to see calps being consistent and the rest of the team strong enough to pick up where others fell to keep the pressure on.
As Craig is in the juniors it is possible to see an English clean sweep but there are the possibilities so we will just have to see what tomorrow brings.
Hopefully the scores will be up soon.
March has performed flawlessly... And I do think the courses were clearable in these conditions but stringing 50 hits together on such a demanding course would be no easy feat.
Tomorrow is supposedly sunny with similar wind but we wil have to see if the warmth wakes up some convection. I think in some ways it would be easier to shoot with breeze...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep