Thread: Hi All
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2008, 08:53 PM
Default Hi All

Just been told about this site by TeamZ.

So here I am.

use to do target shooting in my teens. too many yrs ago to remember. When I left home for work, my Parents somehow managed to misplace my rifle.
After been working hard over the yrs, As all of us, I did not have time, with family etc to do anything about shooting.
Now, with the "recesion" I have a bit more time, to do what I want.

So back to shooting, got myself a second hand Webley Stingray, webley scope.
Just trying different pellets.
Checked the one's I have with a Chrono. closest variation was 0.36 Ft/lbs over 5 shots Next closest 1.6. Max variation just over 2. OK so only over 5 shots, but.
I think I will stick with the closest. H&N FTT Just in case any one wondering. Others tried AA, RWS, Accupell And the worst one, Which, by the way were recommended for the rifle by the dealer, Pointer by Lanes of York, They are, (sorry about this), Rubbish. Just to look at them, Very Dull Grey, the others a bright Grey.
Will have to use them up plinking in the garden, or, melt them down, scrap lead.

Now I can think about zeroing my scope, Firing right and high. Always fired right, so I think someone set it up with windage.
Trying to find more about FT, rather than just plinking. Hope to be here for some time, I have not retired YET.
Although the other half says I might as well have, with what work I do.

Anyway enough about me.
Back to the Forums to find out about YOU
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread