Thread: UKAHFT kneelers
View Single Post
Old 18th August 2010, 10:42 AM
One Shot Wonder

Originally Posted by rogb View Post

See kneelers about half way down, the foot can be flat (laces down) but can't be turned
Now here is where the clarification is needed - from the UKAHFT rules above, under Kneeling, halfway down...

"Kneeling - The kneeling position is defined as only 3 points of contact with the ground (2 feet & 1 knee)"

Now this implies that having the whole lower leg in contact with the ground is not allowed.

Then beneath that are four nice pictures. The first two seem to have clear indication of what is right and wrong, with lovely ticks and crosses. But then there are two pictures of kneeling positions, laces up (3 points of contact) and laces down (whole knee-shin-ankle-foot down). Neither of these pics has a tick or a cross, are you saying that they are both correct/allowable and should have ticks?

Seems to me the descriptions of the rule conflicting - one says kneeling has only 3 POC, the next shows a kneeling position which isn't 3 POC.

Has anyone been pulled up for a 'wrong' position? As you say Weevie, local rules are local rules. But when we set up a NZ version, I'd like to be doing it right from the start, so when I travel and shoot in your neck of the woods I can attempt to outshoot you using your rules.