View Single Post
Old 5th August 2010, 10:15 AM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Grading

Originally Posted by saddler View Post
For what its worth, I think we've got enough grades but they could be tweaked.
My opinion is that AA should be above 90%.
It should be an 'elite' division and it should be bloody hard to get into it.

Maybe it should be easy to be promoted but much harder to be demoted?
I'm thinking of guys who, quite rightly, enter C grade at the beginning of the season, but it is quickly obvious that they are much better than a C grader.
How about in B and C, 2 consecutive scores that are more than a grade above your own automatically promotes you a grade?
But you are only demoted after all the GP's?
And I would only count BFTA events for grade score.
I can see your points, but let me just ask....

80% is a good average to keep up, maybe 85% would be a fairer percentage to look at at the moment? It is a high percentage to keep and hard to obtain at GP level.

WAFTA have to send their scores in to the BFTA for the grading system to be completed. So due to this our scores are upto date with what the BFTA want. Im not sure if other regions do the same??

The point you make about if a person is in B or C class and after 2 shoots his/her score is higher and its obvious they shoot in a higher class, that might affect the overall scores for the end of the year with regards to the final results. In sense then it might pull people away from the sport. If they are new to the sport then C class is a fair start for them.

I agree with what Pete Dutton has said though, if a person wins a class and the percentage doesnt automatically put them up a class, then they should be promoted as they say in league sports such as football. Top 2 or 3 etc get promoted? Not a bad idea really...