View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2010, 06:38 PM
I Like BIG Hats!
Member of: Far Coley FTC

Originally Posted by rich View Post
Thanks for the kind words Alec.

The tutor was Bob Dickie who is - or was at the time - the head honcho for England's disabled Olympian shooting team. We would have had Dave Froggett but he was out of action due to injury.

Last year the cost of the course per student was under 60 for the two days, and that included all the course material, notes, manuals etc, use of our club facilities for two days and the hire of the nearby classroom, lunch for both days and tea and coffee etc. The students had to add their own travel costs and accommodation; the pub did B&B for 35 a night and the local landladies were a bit less, or you could pitch tent at our club ground or lay out a bedroll in the marquee for nothing.

This course is actually the first step in a series of NSRA series of training courses. As it's a proper recognised course for which you get a certificate of competence it does have to be regulated and there is a requirement that the participant has either a NSRA number or a BFTA number so they can be tracked. NSRA membership is about 70 a year and it brings lots of other benefits; a BFTA card is 4 at the moment.

If there's enough interest I'm happy to lay on another course, 2009 was the third one I've done so far. It needs 12 guaranteed participants.
Would be interested too, what is covered?
AirArms RN10/EV2 Stock-2007 Big nikko FT Kit
AirArms NJR100 Hawke Airmax SR6 HFT/SFT Kit
Feinwerkbau 600 10 metre
HW77K-zeiler 6-24x44 Work in progress
Webley Vulcan .22 Lovely old relic