View Single Post
Old 27th July 2010, 07:32 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Dear Fellow NGBs,

I am glad to inform you that the organization of the FT Worlds event is going very well, and I can assure you, thyt you will have a great time in Hungary.

Now I would like to provide you some information about the following steps of the preparation:

The registration deadline is approaching very soon. If someone still wants to register from your countries it can be done until 31st July 2010. Also the payments have to be initiated until this deadline. I created a list of the shooters whose payment has not arrived yet. This can be seen on the title page of our webpage:

It is difficult to contact some of the shooters, since many of my emails ended up in spam boxes. So please help me in contacting the relevant shooters, and help me to keep the deadline of 31st July.

Otherwise you can find the list of the registered shooters by countries here:

After 31st July we will start to arrange the Rifle Import Permits.
In order to do a good job, we need the updated data of the rifles (with serial numbers). So please announce within your national organizations that if anybody has changed the rifle, or want to do it now, please send an email about this to or

During the Rifle Import Permit process we will follow the method as it was described on our webpage:

In all cases we will need a scanned copy of a "certificate" in English if possible (official looking peace of paper with a signature and a stamp :-) ) from the country Field Target Association that the shooter's rifle is suitable for Field Target purposes and the rifle operates in a technologically safe condition, and that the shooter is a registered Field Target Shooter of the National Field Target Association (or equivalent), and that he does not need any permit to legally possess the air file in that country. (Or you can delete the last sentence, if the shooter has an EU firearm permit.)

One letter is enough for all of the shooters in a country, we do not need it separately, but all of the shooters need to possess a copy of this letter when they come to Hungary.

If you do not have the rifle informations, I will send it separately to all of you, please indicate.

I will prepare the letter of invitations for all of the shooters whose payment has arrived by 31st July, and will send it to them directly on email (I hope this is enough, and you do not need a snail mail version).

In order to arrange the rifle import permits we will need a document from each rifle owners where they authorize us to represent them at the Hungarian Police to get the Rifle Import permits. I am preparing this word document soon, and will try to send it to the registered shooters - who need a rifle import pass - separately. They have to send it back by fax directly to the Hungarian Police station (the number will be on the word document). The word document will be ready made, the shooters only will have to print it, sign it, and send it back to the given fax number. (Please fax it during workdays and during working hours 8.00-17.00 CET) - and be patient it will be a busy line.

I hope, that everything is clear.
If not, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr. Laszlo BEKESI (aka Doc)
President of Hungarian Field Target Association
So, as soon as registration closes, and Doc has sent me your details, I will pass them onto the BFTA and Roger will issue a letter which we will email to the HFTA.

But you need to also prepare that authorisation for the HFTA to act on your behalf for the permits, so line up a fax machine or someone to fax the documents over, once Doc has sent them out.

All in hand