View Single Post
Old 1st July 2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by pacman View Post
The battery on the mk4 platinum in my opinion is not big enough, in mah. It can give poor results groupings etc after 1000 pellets sometimes less, so If you use your Platinum alot, like I do, practice alot. you will need to charge it every week to 10 days to make sure. imho.

I have spent alot of time and effort trying to get to the bottom of why this rifle is sometimes on form, and sometimes shotguns pellets, POI changes, cylinder pressure sensitive , fps sometime 8fps diff then 20 fps diff etc. It has to be down to the drain on the battery. as alot of this should be compensated for by the electronics.

If someone else could add their opinion on this, I would be very greatful. May I ask was this gun designed to be used as an everyday HFT gun, or as a testbed/ collectable......

When its fully charged with the right pressure in the cylinder and right pellet, its great. but I think to be used to its potential it needs a stronger battery.
I appreciate this is about The Platinum but here are a few points I have come accross with my electronic MK3

I have had battery issues in the past and have used both the larger and smaller battery in this rifle and noticed no difference in performace regarding accurracy by using both. They have differing voltage and mah no's written on them someone was discussing these in relation to how the solenoid works and to be fair I understood little if any of it.

Interestingly however I have noticed whilst experiencing battery failure (on cells that wouldn't hold a charge for very long) that the 20 or so shots before the battery died completely would be unearingly accurate almost as if whatever happens just before the cells voltage level prevents it from working was the point at which the rifle worked best. I can only assume that at this point the solenoid is being released slightly differently.

When testing a large battery in a stock not suited to one I have taped the battery to the outside of the stock not pretty but a workable fix before routing it out.

Hobbit Army

Rick Ardern super low mounts ISP MK3 pellet launching platforms and Sightron 10 x 42mm telescopic sights.
Because it is not about how, but how many.