Thread: Balance point
View Single Post
Old 19th June 2010, 07:57 PM
Member of: Anston FTC

Originally Posted by chrispro97 View Post
wot gun do you shot just out of interest,but my guns have been balanced the same as sportsmatch slight weight forward,but its down to how you hold the gun,do you shoot with arm out hunting or target shooting postion etc,some people hav it rear weighted and some hav it neutral,its down to get your postion right,robf may be how to put some photos on ere to help
Gun is a s400 GML in a Paul Wilson stock. Target position used as opposed to hunting style hold.

What point on the gun would you use as the pivot point to say if it was front or rear heavy or indeed 50/50 balance ? Is it the trigger, the middle distance of the length of the gun or some other point ? Pivot point on my GML on one of my stocks (have 2 Paul Wilson stocks) is just in front of the trigger hole of the stock. On the other stock its a couple of inches further forward. They both balance perfectly but the balance points are different.

Hopefully a pic of my gun is attached, the 2nd stock(sorry no picture has no brass bits, is a fraction longer, has an adjustable comb and a lightweight ally butt pad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElmorFudd stripper on GML 005.JPG (129.0 KB, 27 views)