Thread: JSB Express
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 04:50 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Thanks, from reading different threads it appears that Express are generally better quality than Mozzies.
Don't really know why I'm going off 8.44gr Exacts, suppose I'm hoping for a flatter trajectory. I've had a couple of tins of Mozzies that were included in a gun deal a couple of years ago, have tried them in several rifles (Daystates) with poor results, but last week spent a couple of hours putting them through a Steyr 110 giving decent groups, wasn't too sure of aim points, but next day scored a 56 in an HFT comp. though I had previously cleared a Southern Hunter round with the heavier pellet, as I said don't really know why I'm changing . Only problem was that the two tins of Mozzies (batch #2620/07) only produced about 80 pellets without damaged skirts that were in the 7.86gr-7.94gr range. So hoping Express, if I can find them, will be more consistent.
down to the batch i think... i've got expresses and mozzies that look identical, mozzies that look different to other mozzies, same with the expresses... and i've got one batch of mozzies where probably 1/4 of the tin has a skirt that looks like a clowns sleeve, and another where that same problem accounts for about 5 pellets. One batch varies between 7.6 and 8.1 and another varies between 7.7 and 8.0, with most 7.8-7.9.

i think the distribution pressure comes from JSB themselves...