View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by LAity View Post
I dont agree, if you set your gun up right then you reduce any PX error there??? I know what Gary means. I had error on my gun with it because of the cheek piece. Gary has set his gun up in a different manner to me therefore he reduced any possible error where as i have induced and compounded the problem. I think the 10x42 has amazing optics and there are not many , if any that can compete with that scope or the money. I shant knock it for sure, i have not got time to be setting up the scope for my gun at the mo.... the scope i am using is a great little scope...however having used better glass in the past , its a pain using something not as good. Once i get this weekend sorted i will have another look at the 10x42.

I love Hawke scopes, i have loads of other scopes as well but the Hawkes are on most of my guns....its my choice i guess.

Not slating the scope Rog. I've not looked through one.

All I'm saying is Gary's scope isn't PX error free, unless he's revoltionised the whole science of optics!

As you say, his stock setup reduces the amount he's exposed to that px error though which is a good thing. Personally I think I could do with 1/4" more adjustment to the right on my cheek piece but it's as far over as it's can be. Guess I need to lose some weight off my face!

As for ready, well probably not.