View Single Post
Old 8th May 2010, 05:42 PM
all the gear and no idea.
Default 1st visit to MAD today...

and despite weather that made us run for cover after just 10 pegs i really enjoyed it! i was made to feel so at home, like i'd been going there for years! met steve griggs up there who'd invited me down for the day and off we went to shoot the course once the rain had died down about as much as it was going to. after 10 pegs we went back to the superb canteen cabin thingy for a cuppa but theres an oven there and everything so i might bring some proper grub next time! went out again once the rain died down and went and shot the course again. steve griggs, richard wood and a bloke called simon whose surname i cant remember were so eager to offer advice and help out, and the banter made the horrible weather seem not so bad at all! top blokes, invited me down the pub for a cheeky half when we were done but had to go cos my old man was in a rush to get home and strip his soaking wet electronic daystate, cant blame him really!

all in all i went away with the impression it was a club run by shooters for shooters, with banter and comedy japes along the way and the facilities were superb! and when the weather improves it will only get better. bbq's and camping in summer? yes please!

what else can i say? i think what im trying to get at is... fetch me a red hat, im MAD for it!!!
air arms MPR FT .177
wiehrauch HW97 KT .177
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread