View Single Post
Old 16th April 2010, 09:30 PM
Member of: Tayside Airgun Club
Default Scottish HFT Summer League take 2

Guys and Girls

(copied from Airgun Scotland for those not on there)

As it stands tonight I have had responses from 5 clubs:

Juniper Green
New Caledonian

Although New Caledonian are keen to enter a team they may not be able to host a shoot this year but we are working on that.

Any other club is welcome to send me details pre 8th of May if they are willing to host a shoot, of course every club will be made more than welcome if they want to enter a team for the Summer league.

We have e mailed every club in Scotland today with details and an invitation to take part and host an open shoot if they want to. So if you are on the committees please check your inbox.

We have very kindly been donated a trophy and I have sent off artwork for a Scottish Hunter Field Target series of badges (map of Scotland in green seen through the reticle of a telescopic sight, similar to the UKAHFT badge) to get 3 quotes as to cost price. Once I have this price I will pay it out my pocket and recover it later.

No decision has been taken as yet as to whether we award them to category winners 1st , 2nd and 3rd or if enough interest use the UKAHFT format where you qualify for a badge by percentage, bear in mind as UKAHFT, you will have to pay a nominal sum for your badge.

This set up is in no way trying to remove support from UKAHFT events, just a way that Scottish shooters can get more competition practice at both shooting and running events (we have to get better, no scotsman can take team defeats from Wales and worse that English mob). We will try to avoid at all costs these events clashing with UKAHFT events.

The ultimate aim is to get experienced enough with the aim of perhaps Scotland hosting a UKAHFT event in the distant future. This can only be done with all your support.

So lets get behind this and if you are keen and your clubs name is not listed above speak to a member of your committee and express your interest.

Please PM me if I have missed anything or you have any questions and I will make the club reps I have so far aware of your issue.

This is not my idea, this is OUR idea!

And for any English and Welsh (or Polish) reading this you may have beaten us this time but you can never take our freedom (Mon the Braveheart!)
Steve CochraneWalther LG300, Leupold MK4

Last edited by Scoch; 16th April 2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread