View Single Post
Old 11th April 2010, 08:51 AM

Mid April until November my time is taken up walking the green mile ( cutting cricket pitches ) so I have no time to shoot.

That's why I enjoy the world's so much as it's a weekend away shooting before the cricket season starts.

I keep promising myself that I will find time during the summer to shoot more of the UKAHFT but last year I only managed the local ones at Tawd and Rimmington as I could work on the ground Saturday night and be back at the ground for the Sunday afternoon game to do the wicket at tea.

I normally shoot between December and April and try and go somewhere as many Sundays as I can but my car fell apart virtually every Saturday this winter so I didn't get to any of the Midlands shoots which was very annoying. Gun has been out of the bag about 5 times in 12 months, hence my kneelers and standers have gone to sh!te . Local club has great facilities and I could live there during those months but there is no one else there during the day and you can't shoot alone so it's no point me joining there.

Last edited by skires; 11th April 2010 at 08:53 AM.