Thread: RWS Superfields
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2010, 07:35 PM
Member of: Purley Chase FTC

Originally Posted by NarkyMark View Post
New type on left old type on right....

I bought a sleeve from the new batch and had much the same problems as mentioned already, 2 whole mildots lower at 55yrds, so the BC of a house brick past 45yrds....

They are slightly longer too....

I managed to send my batch back and source the old syle RWS/AA's.....Something to note, a mate of mate has just purchased a new tin of AA's and to his horror they are also the same pellet again as the new RWS's...So if you rely on the old AA/RWS pellet i'd get sourcing them as soon as you can, because soon the old style will be obsolete........
Notice the pip on the LH (new type) pellet. This was a problem with Superdomes 20+ yr ago. It was found that if this pip or spur is rubbed or polished off on a course cloth accuracy is improved. The pip must affect air stability or cause eccentricity when spun by rifling.

Cant imagine RWS, one of the largest ammunition manufacturers in the world are sourcing airgun pellets from a small Chezk manufacturer with all their resources. To much of a climb down I would think. Just a pity they cant supply a decent FT pellet to match the JSB range.
Make every shot count

Steyr Hunting 5 Scott Lupold 3-9x33EFR(for LSR )

FWB P70/Bushnell 6500 4-30x50T

SteyrLG110/Bushnell 6500 5-30x50

Steyr LG 100 FT Bush elliot 8-32x40

Last edited by JEV; 17th March 2010 at 09:45 PM.