View Single Post
Old 26th September 2016, 06:29 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Arrow Wales registration deadline extended

This came into my inbox...

Dear All,

We have a major issue with PayPal, which is payment method for WFTC 2017.

Transactions to date have been processed without any issue, however PayPal have today informed me that they will be applying a reserve on our account.

Basically they are now insisting that they will hold 70% of the payments plus 4000 that we receipt into our account and that the funds will not be released to us until the 2nd of October 2017, that is until our event has taken place. This is to cover them for possible refunds in the event that we have to cancel the WFTC.

Despite my strong protestations, and evidence that we have event cancellation insurance and that our terms and conditions clearly state our refund policy they will not compromise in any way.

I am as you can imagine extremely annoyed by PayPal's actions, particularly as I went into great detail with PayPal about our event and the registration process before opening the account, at no time did they indicate that restrictions would apply to the account.

So reluctantly I have been forced to withdraw from PayPal as without the funds generated through the payment system Wales would be unable to finance WFTC 2017 and we would have to cancel our event - not something that we will do.

I have however managed to get PayPal to release what funds are currently in our account to the WFTC 2017 bank account, so funding for Wales 2017 will not be effected.

So I have taken the following steps to rectify this:

1. The payment/registration system has been suspended on the website - so Teams will not be able to register and pay

2. I am investigating the use of Sage Pay as an alternative to PayPal

3. We may introduce a bank transfer system - but are reluctant to do so as this will mean that we will have to revert to manually inputting some team and individual registration data. However, if Saga Pay is not an option then we will use this payment method.

Because of this issue we are extending the Team Registration to deadline to the 29th of October 2016 and will open Individual registration on the 30th of October 2016.

Please accept our apologies for issue and I will keep you updated on our progress to resolve this issue.

John Johnston
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread