View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:35 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Its my pellets not my height

Originally Posted by sportsmatch View Post
Simon theres enough beans plus me fat bum I went left right back the only place I would have seen it would be over the line I could see the undergrowth in the bottom of the scope and thats aound 2 1/2to 3" than the barrel tried twice first hit the stick on ground you could see the fresh pellet on the bark so try all places to see target second time seen it stick 2" below kill and 2 1/2" to the right side and the wind was from the right this target I had to shoot kneeling in the summer series for that reason
My knees were giving serious gipe and had been all week so was not going to do it kneeling again

back on track how was your zero

he may like the lashes
mike a target must be seen from all postions
I knew you would bring up that myth!

From BFTA rules.

"As far as is reasonably practicable all targets should be clearly visible from all shooting positions within their respective lane."

So, "Must" be visable they do not have to be! There have been several excellent Gp courses where targets were not visable from all positions.
As it was, targets were scoped Saturday by three different shooters (and checked again sunday am,) one of which was myselff, Bear for the lefties and Dave Gage I believe. No one else seemed to have had a problem with the target including John the bank and Carl Hill, both of who are not much taller if at all than yourself? More Beans!

Anyway, as you say back on track.

My Pellets

With the soon to be joining me 3rd Njr, or technically 2nd Njr, Did a chronmo check with the same pellets (same tin) as last night but this time using the TmNjr. Only a 30 string this time as starting at 180 bar its down to 100 bar after 30 shots.
Tried both pellets stright from the tin and 4.49 sized pellets.
Both sets were more consistant than last night with the Njr. Sized pellets were about 10fps on avergae slower out of the barrel, but both showed a tighter consistancy with around 5 fps spread.

I think the next step is to open each tin and test about 20 or so for consistancy out of the tin, then take the chrono check outside to see how it varies from warm to shooting conditions.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85