View Single Post
Old 18th August 2016, 07:29 PM
Member of: redfearns ftc darlington ra
Default new hawke ft scope

hi all.
just read the thread below and have recently acquired the new sidewinder FT scope. nice to to find such good quality flip ups. i really like the fine thread lock ring on the fast focus eyeball. just had a session today doing my ranging. i have already made a sharks fin for myself similar to what B. T. would make, it gives me a radius of 95 mm. like one of the gents on the other thread the gap between 50 and 55 yds markers was 2 mm. with my fin of course its now 4 mm. i tried to loosen the object lens ring to see if altering the parallax would widen the gaps but with a rubber glove on and trying to burst a blood vessel i gave up, also the lens carrier might be glued to the ring like so many scopes. it snaps in a bit better than any big nikko mk 3 i have used and it didn't white out at all today, i did however do all my ranging on forty mag as it aint the brightest scope, my sightron is much clearer. the scope focuses down to 10. 5 yds. so far i like the scope and will be giving it a good go. regards.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread