View Single Post
Old 17th August 2016, 06:51 PM
Beware the Chair
Member of: Redfearn FTC

I have one on trial at the moment. Took it to club last Saturday and compared it to my MK2 Nikko.
The first thing I noticed was the clarity of the optics on 50X which was better than the Nikko and also noticed that more detail can be observed at the targets on 50X. I turn the mag down to 32X to shoot on and as expected the clarity was even better. The Hawke on 50X snaps in and out as good as the Nikko. I have the 4" wheel on and have a gap of about 3mm between 50 & 55 yards (as it snaps in so well this is good enough for me) and this scope does come down to 10 yards on 50X.
Whilst on the plinking range I also tested to check for any POI changes at different magnification settings which I have observed on some more expensive scopes (including a Sightron I used to own). There was no POI change all the way through the magnification range from 10 - 55 yards.
The turrets have good positive clicks and when returned to zero numerous times there was no loss of zero at my zeroing range of 35 yards. Only time will tell if they suffer any issue in this or any other department.
Walther Dommie Titanium / Gary Cane Stock

Last edited by Steve Hebby; 20th August 2016 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Remeasured gap between 50 & 55 so amended in post