View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 09:31 AM
A grade and staying there
Member of: Tondu. Harriers, Avon Hawks. Oaktree.

Originally Posted by countorik View Post
maybe if the piston class were graded, it would encourage more shooters into this class.
be interesting to see if the inclusion of pistion at Euro draws more etries, as it has been said having no grades in pcp at euro puts some lower grade shooters off. Perhaps some of those that have been put off will give spring a go?

Originally Posted by Dave Ramshead View Post
To Make courses more difficult to prevent the top few percent of AA grade clearing or near clearing courses would really punish the normal shooters to the point where gp's become a small comp for the FT elite.
Shoots need support from all grades to make the comps viable, if courses were altered to prevent the best shooters from clearing, normal shooters would get their ***** handed to them comp after comp, nobody travels thousands of miles per year for that.
If a good shooter clears a course, that's brilliant, they should be congratulated for keeping it together and beating the course. Its not a reason to punish all the other shooters.

Thing is, Gp scores are on the rise in all grades. Personally I enjoyed quarry more than any of the others due to the harder challenge of the wind. I think most courses have had a good balance of targets, bar the over riding inclusion of 25mm kills past 30 yards and 15 mm @ 20+
Thank God for Sywell next year!

Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
It didn't seem right to drop scores that are winning scores on the day in piston to me.
As I think was said, that's the same for C, B and A potentially.

Originally Posted by Conor View Post
No one for fishing then,on the coarse, off course.

You would make a nice float with your orange top

Originally Posted by Yorkshiretea View Post
I've been practicing on 15 x 8mms at Anston, if they aren't all 15mm I'm going to be disappointed
Have you tried practising on 40mm

All 25mm
I have proposed 25mm standers and kneelers at least twice.

Reducers out to 45yds first, surely
And that, but I think I went for 40?

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
You would.. I can't believe I'm going to say this.. but I agree with you

The 100% thing was to try to set a benchmark for the course difficulty, but what we're seeing alot these days is the top score is either 50 or 49 anyway regardless of how difficult the course is
Apart from Quarry, where there was difficulty to the course. Cant say I rate any of the other 5 gp as that hard, mainly due to lack of wind.
BFTA Grading Question to

Updated Bfta % by region and grade,44.0.html

[B] [SIZE="3"]Photos on BFTA Fbook page, tall and short !!