View Single Post
Old 25th February 2010, 08:10 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default 800 - 200 = 1 Falcon

After quickly setting up the falcon on the Njr saturday and zeroing I had the opertunity for a days shooting yesterday in the conditions and settings i wanted, Thanks to Mike Williams and Nelson Ftc.

Started the day shooting in woods. The thin crosshair / dot reticule was ok in the woods, did not loose it once but the lack of windage dots makes giving wind a trickier job.
What was apparent was when the grey clouds came over and the light dropped, the difference in clarity between the falcon and luep is miles! Well, at least 600.

I was rangfinding at targets that were dull, almost with a grey mist over them (same as i have seen in cheaper scopes in good light, or some big nikko's come to that !) and although i did not have the leup there to compare side by side, i just knew from experience that the luep would have given a much brighter target. Saying that, I dont think the falcom miss ranged any targets in the wood. I missed for wind, but not for height.

Off to Nelson then in the afternoon for a session on the covered plinking range. Again, rangefinding spot on. However, it takes more work to rangefinder unlike the mk4 which snaps in /out. Doz had a quick look through the T35 and seemed impressed, particually when i told him it only only cost 200.

Conclusion. Great scope for the money, rangefindes very well but slower than the luep. Great for the open field / non timed comps that we tend to have in wafta, but for the timed gp series / wood shoots i think the mk 4 will be the scope of choice.

Now to get another Njr!
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85