Emley Moor H.F.T Classic 2016
Emley Moor H.F.T Classic 2016
In memory of Emley member and all round good bloke, Ian Houghton who was taken by Cancer. All proceeds go to Kirkwood Hospice.
I've just placed it in the Calendar. 1 day shoot. Booking in from 8 a.m for a 9 o clock start.
30 shot HFT course to UKAHFT distance and kill size rules , 60 points max.
2 targets per lane which means double the amount of disciplines
20 Silhouettes, (2 points for each if taken standing and 1 point if taken kneeling, 0 for a miss) 40 points max. The shooter can choose how to shoot each bank but once started they must continue that particular bank in the same position. For example you can choose to shoot the Chickens standing and then switch to kneeling for the pigs and then back to standing for the rest.
Total score out of 100.
HFT course will be shot in the morning and Silhouettes shot in the afternoon.
Silhouettes are a U.S standing discipline; scopes may be adjusted per bank. Shooting glove is allowed.
2 minutes per bank of 5 Silhouettes then 1 minute rest then 2 minutes for next bank.
THE SAME RIFLE USED ON THE COURSE MUST BE USED FOR THE SILHOUETTES.
1. Target Ranges:-
5 x Chickens at 20 Yards
5 x Pigs at 30 yards
5 x Turkeys at 36 yards
5 x Rams at 45 yards
2. Slings or other means of support (which are not part of the rifle or clothing) are NOT allowed. The butt of the gun is to remain outside all clothing at all times. Standard underarm butt hooks are permitted. Bespoke target shooting jackets are not permitted
3. Only shoot at the targets in your allocated lane.
4. All targets are shot LEFT to RIGHT.
5. Any targets shot out of order do not count. i.e. if no. 2 target is hit instead of no. 1 then you lose no. 1 as you missed it and you cannot shoot no. 2 as it is already down, so you must go on to target no. 3. If target no. 1 is hit instead of no. 2 then you just lose no. 2.
6. In the event of two or more targets falling from 1 shot - tell your marshal and then on completing the rest of the bank either shoot at designated targets if sufficient remain standing or your marshal will reset the bank so that you can complete your five shots.
7. At the start of each bank of five targets you will get a fifteen second period in which to load your rifle. The Range Marshal calling 'LOAD' will signify this; you must not load your rifle before then.
8. When the Range Marshal calls 'COMMENCE FIRING' you have 2 minutes in which to take your 5 shots. The end of this period is signified by the command 'CEASE FIRING'.
9. Between each bank you will get a one-minute rest period.
10. After shooting the bank in front of you.... then proceed to the next bank on your right.
Overall winner keeps Ian Houghton Memorial shield for 1 year and has name engraved on it.
There are Trophies for 1st place only in each class.
Kneeling/standing open(for FT shooters)
Kneeling/standing Ladies(for FT shooters)
Kneeling/standing Junior(for FT shooters)
Kneeling/standing recoiling(for FT shooters)
I’m also planning on having a raffle…..even better than last time with some really nice items. Please don’t worry too much about the rules as the emphasis is totally on having as much fun as possible, if we raise some cash for Kirkwood hospice then the day will be even better.
Top prize in the raffle is a Mk3 AA S200
hawke HD scope
Best fittings kits
tons of smaller shooting related bits
£1000+ worth of kit from RS components (many thanks)
Raaco storage boxes
quality allen keys
swiss army knives
Last edited by chrisc; 22nd June 2016 at 08:46 PM.