View Single Post
Old 14th June 2016, 12:22 PM
Member of: Springfield

Originally Posted by saddler View Post
Although Chairman of the BFTA, I speak as my personal opinion rather than representing the view of the BFTA.

I think Andy's videos are superb. I'm also very impressed by Steve's twangcam and the effort Martin puts in to PoP, along with the pictures James, Simon and others regularly upload in order to record the events for posterity.

However, I'm not sure of the benefit of the BFTA commissioning anyone to do the filming/pictures for 2 reasons.
1. I don't think its fair that anyone is under any obligation to produce the films/pictures. If they want to take photos or filming and then upload it for us all to share, then that's great, but if they are in a position where they turn up to a shoot and either can't or don't want to, I don't think they should feel obliged to.
2. As Rob has said, once you move from a voluntary to a commercial situation, I'm sure legalities change and I don't think it's fair for the individual to be then under any legal obligation or restriction in order to take a few photos or film some old men shooting tin chickens in a field.

Andy, I was impressed by that large blue drone you had flying overhead during the shoot offs, when will you be uploading the footage from that...?
Hi All,

Thanks Phil, that sums it up nicely, I do it because I like doing it and to put something back into the sport to try and help promote it, nothing else.

Thanks for all the feedback.

The large blue drone footage can be seen next Wednesday BBC One 9pm - Crime Watch. lol