View Single Post
Old 8th June 2016, 01:11 PM
Just too tired . . .
Thumbs up Newby but not on guns

Hello Everyone,

Mick here, I'm presently living in Cardiff but I'm from Nottingham originally. I used to shoot Webley and Scott .303's (bolt action) at the Royal Ordnance factory rifle range in Nottingham back in the '60's.

I've not fired any kind of weapon since 1991, until now. I lived in the US and South Africa in the '70's and '80's so got to fire all kinds of special things, some cool and some bloody scary. I hunted quite a bit in my earlier years, when you could with live rounds. A friend of mine who is an avid air rifle target shooter invited me down to the rifle range in our pub (yep, we've got a range in the pub ) the weekend before last and that was it, I was hooked! I punched a few holes in some targets and, although my eyesight isn't what it was, I managed to get nice groupings using two different rifles and a revolver so I was happy.

I've always been a pistol man so I've just bought a Walther CP88 and a load of Co2 and pellets so will be hammering that at the weekend.

I've applied to join two clubs in the area both of which are "very busy at the moment".

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread