View Single Post
Old 20th February 2010, 02:56 PM
Default EV2 MkIV Regulator Swap out

I imported an Air Arms EV2 to South Africa in January and it has had reg creep from the day i got it, not bad but the first shot after a couple of minutes break was always 1 or 2 cm lower - all other groupings are perfect.

Air Arms in the UK sent me a replacement regulator and I am in the process of swapping it out. I have got to the final dissasembly which is to unscrew the cylinder from the regulator - I've hit a bit of a snag. BTW stripping the rifle down to this stage has been dead simple.

Air Arms have been very helpful with everything including instructions but they merely say at this point "You would need a clamp with the correct size jaws protected to hold the cylinder, so that the regulator can be removed, without causing any damage Everything is screwed together extremely tightly". I have tried my best to unscrew the bloody thing and it aint working - Years of DIY tells me at this point any more force would either damage me or the gun...

Am I missing something? Any hints out there would be most appreciated.

I have been taking notes and pics along the way, so hopefully a pictorial on the swap out for others will come out of this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5157_s.jpg (78.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5167_s.jpg (63.8 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5179_s.jpg (87.0 KB, 147 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread