Thread: MFTA Web site
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2016, 07:00 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default pointing a rifle at someone

I would like to ask how many people have actually been shot by an accidental discharge of an air rifle during an FT or HFT shoot? On the course I can't see how it is possible to have a loaded rifle between lanes as they are single shot and surely no one loads them as they get up from their lane.

The issue is not loaded guns its rifles being pointed at people full stop.
A rifle should be treated as always loaded unless you know otherwise , if a rifle was handed to you i'm sure you would check the breach before you pointed it anywhere.
I have witnessed loaded guns being pointed down firing lines and tried to get the problem rectified and met a brick wall of friends that stood by each other.
I do not like the idea of carrying my rifle in a bag because it slows me down but I'm sure I will get the hang of it.
If this had been dealt with at club level it would not be an issue now , but for now we will all have to do as the rules state or be asked to leave the course or not bother turning up in the first place
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.