View Single Post
Old 11th April 2016, 04:00 PM
WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Originally Posted by C.Eaton View Post
At least with HFT a novice can go round, just hit faceplates and come away with a reasonable score. In FT the learning 'cliff'', I won't grace it with a curve is so much steeper so I can see why people get disheartened when they rock up with a break barrel and expect to be competitive in FT.
But then you see the FTP's, Steyrs, and Black Air 8002's that are filtering into HFT and suddenly it's back to FT in the late 80's.
As long as HFT keeps the scopes under control it will remain as it is.
The rifle is not such a big part of your score as some would believe. I shot 3x 100% in the UKAHFT series last year for 3rd place with a very old BSA Hornet. Yes I now have a Black air, I fancied a change, the main benefit is a beautiful trigger which is nice to have and the stabiliser which doesn't make it more accurate but allows me to follow the pellet to the target more often than I could with the Hornet.

The biggest hurdle I had to get over in HFT was one I created for myself, I wanted high scores so badly I would beat myself up when I dropped a point, which then lead to me missing more, known as the wheels falling off because it was still on my mind ruining my concentration. The best bit of advice I could give to someone starting out is don't get into that bad habbit in the first place, it took a lot to train myself out of it after years of beating myself up!! Misses are your friend, you learn more from them than the hits so accept that they will happen, think right that's one of them, lets see how far we can go before another, and don't let them ruin your day!!
HFT, for people with only 2 buttucks!

VooDoo TwoTwo The next chapter.