View Single Post
Old 14th March 2016, 07:29 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by PopGun View Post
I have been openly criticized for having put several targets close to the 45 degree angle,
I was told that although this is in the ukahft format, some shooters do not feel it is safe!

"When setting out the shooting lanes, ensure other lanes do not encroach on the line of sight within 45 degrees either side of the target on that lane."

was it just sour grapes, or have they got a point?
For what its worth , I had a recent shoot where there was a supported stander within 8 foot of an elevated new 18 inch peg , this may have been 45 degrees or close but as the persons rifle was effectively pointing upwards and towards the stander , way too close for comfort for our group, especially as there were obstructions on the elevated shot where people were shuffling on the peg with a loaded rifle to avoid a doughnut ,
I, m sure the setters would NEVER intentionally done this but we declined to take our shot while the elevated one was in progress,
These guidelines are done as far as I, m aware as a safety thing and should be carefully looked at , just take it as a reasonable piece of feedback , we all want to feelsafe whilst enjoying ourselves , ive pointed out a few issues like this before and I would like to think ive done someone a favour by avoiding a possible accident, as far as I, m aware I havent been critised for it, you may find the closer the pegs the more cause for concern,
one further point, 45 degrees from either peg causes 90 deg between lanes at the target ,, if your not carefull at certain ranges you can get splashed by lead coming off the target at 90 degrees from the target, I experienced this wherei thought something fell out a tree on my head , never gave it much thought untill my partner went down to his scope and got stung on his cheek, this particular situation occured from a target probably 20 yds away

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 14th March 2016 at 07:38 PM.