Thread: ISP or TM1000
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2016, 07:32 PM
Member of: Avon Hawks

I'm puzzled why you think a rifle will need to go back to the manufacturer every month just because you are only shooting at weekends. I know Pro-Targets that have gone on for years being used that way.

Anyway, I have a TM1000, and I am mighty impressed by it. It is not a very sophisticated looking rifle, it looks very much as you would expect, given its Theoben Rapid 7 ancestry, but, it is well balanced, lighter than it looks, at least in the walnut stock, easy to use, unfussy with pellets and most importantly it is consistently accurate.

I have only briefly shot an Airstream, and it was in need of a good service at the time (which it has since had). The trigger was an Anschutz, so is about as good as it gets, but in many other respects, including general proportions, it was not so different from the TM.

For some, a change of stock is essential to get the best from the TM. I am considering making a new cheek piece in order to get consistent comfortable eye relief, but I am very much a Pro-T / EV2 / Walther Dominator laminate stock fan, so I am biased. In reality, with a little adjustment the TM can easily be adjusted to suit, then put a knee riser on it and Bob's yer wossisname.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"