View Single Post
Old 17th February 2016, 06:47 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by avfc1982 View Post
Obviously wasnt that big a discussion as the error in your data would have been seen. The point i was making is that if your data was corect they would be more than 1 sa,le down because the scope would be useless, which it isnt.
This is still the very same scope that i used to win the Shires 100, the Essex 50, the BFTA Showdown (as well as CSFTA and SWEFTA in the same year) and Showdown Plate, one or two Swefta summer leagues (i can't remember what scope i had on the first time), a BFTA Grand prix AA 1st, 1st equal, 2nd, and 3rd.

So I guess I must be wrong. I just imagined ranging a target at 60yds at the weekend and then getting it cold and doing a test 2 days later and made it up for kicks.

Just because a scope shifts outside of 10-26 degrees doesn't make it useless. Have a word with James Osborne about the S&B... the scope that by many accounts moves by the degree. He still won a Grand Prix series with it, without doubt the hardest FT title to win in the world.

This is one of the reasons why I never suggest a relative novice shooter doesn't go out and buy an expensive scope, because there's so much more to the FT equation than just one characteristic of one bit of kit, and unless you know what area you are looking for improvement in, you may end up with something the same, or some new problems to contend with.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep