View Single Post
Old 29th January 2016, 01:28 PM
Member of: Bisley

Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The chart is confusing. My guess would be that the "measured POI" is the empirically-derived POI by shooting at the inclined targets. I will also assume that the POI for Diag is the calculated POI for the straight diagonal distance. I'm not sure if the POI for Horiz are the calculated values for horizontal targets or the actual POIs verminator uses in real life.
You would be guessing correctly. "POI for Horiz" is both calculated and actual values, although now that I use a different gun, I will have to go through this exercise again and in more detail.
If we compare these values with the "Diagonal" column which indicates the actual distance between rifle and target we can see the measured POI on the table is the same for 10.54 yards and 11.05 yards (lines 2 and 3), which is reasonable as it's only 18 inch difference. It's a .22 so I'm guessing that's close to PBR (first zero point).
Correct, first zero point is 11 yards.
The difference between lines 1 and 2, 9.28 and 10.54 yards (so 1.26 yards) is shown as half a mildot, which again doesn't sound out of the way though I don't use mildots or .22
Right, but there is still a discrepancy between the actual reading and the calculated POI for the diagonal distance. 1/4-1/3 mildot doesn't sound much, but when combined with the potential for human ranging error, it matters. I want calculations that are accurate.