Thread: Group sizes
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2016, 04:32 PM
SWEFTA FT Champion 2006
Member of: Mendip Air Gun Club, East Devon FTC, Avon Hawks FTC.

Originally Posted by skires View Post
There was an example given below where a Huntsman had won the SWEFTA Championship in 2012 and 2015 ( so that's just last year). There must have been loads of decent guys using top end target stuff and coming in behind that guy ( I'm presuming it was the same guy ). We all know that it's the indian and not the arrow blah de blah.

As an example ... can someone provide details of the Huntsman that won the SWEFTA Champs please? I'm presuming it wasn't in a standard Huntsman hunting stock etc?

Sorry for all the questions ... it just interests me.
Yes, Steve also finished 2nd in 2011 and would have been right up there in 2013 & 2014 had he been able to complete enough competitions!

The Huntsman was purchased from new and the barrel is original. It has a Dave Welham regulator which was overhauled several years ago. The chosen pellets that suit the barrel are JSB Exact 8.4gn and the groups size have been further improved on this gun with the use of a silencer. The trigger and general maintenance/setting up of the gun is done by Steve himself.

SteveF_Dartmoor 2015.jpg
AA Field Target Team 2007~2011
East Devon FTC - SWEFTA Club Champions 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010 & 2013/2014/2015