Thread: Windicators
View Single Post
Old 27th January 2016, 02:51 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Change

Originally Posted by Tench View Post
Lol Moore, do you not think it would be a good move for hunters to use some form of windication to ensure clean kills, what ever method they do use a bit of wool would be a good addition to any rifle used out doors, and wouldn't spook prey like lobbing leaves would!
This is just about making it fair for all nothing else, some people seem resistant to change for the sake of resisting. As you say, it is not compulsory so continue as you please.
What has HFT got to do with hunting I once tried connecting the two and got royally slated

As Verminator says, lets change then, lets allow spirit levels, twiddling with the scope, sitting shots, as many accessories/supports as you can fit on a rifle....sound familiar

I actually think HFT has gone too far away from its roots (me with it, as I use "target" rifles/scopes) maybe if its going to change it should change by removing some of the extras not adding more

Some people seem to like change for changes sake

As I have said smoke/vape off the shot everyone around the smoker benefits from the visuals, don't smoke/vape once its your turn to shoot - that's fair for all, it means smokers can carry on smoking and those that don't want any more kit strapping on their rifle don't have to feel the need - I am one of those that will probably fit one if its allowed because I may feel at a disadvantage.

As far as hunters are concerned at least they have one thing covered, the range, as they can easily use a LRF, for me hunters fall into two categories, those who know when they can take a shot and be assured of a first time clean kill, in HFT you have to take the shot regardless of the wind, a proper hunter would not take the shot if they felt the wind excessive. Then there are those who just shoot animals and don't give a sh*t so long as they hit it somewhere - I have seen a few of those in action

As I have said I am a local club level shooter/plinker so don't have any say other than an opinion as a fellow Sunday morning warrior .....

Have to say though, I think strapping one to the barrel would be a really bad idea from the viewpoint of varying harmonics effects - see I am thinking about adding one already
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE