View Single Post
Old 24th January 2016, 07:47 PM
Member of: Iden Ferns
Default Southern Hunters Round 7

Told my lad I would post a big thank you to all the marshalls & organisers of the SHS.

Only having taken up shooting again for the last 5 months, mainly to get our lad of 10 out & about off the electronic gadgets, we thought we may as well try round 7 of the comp.

Really glad we did, met some really nice people there & it was a fantastic day for my lad.

Shooting in the next lane was Andy Simpson & his mate, meant to get his name but had a blonde moment sorry, he even offered me a shot on his ISP, how's that for hospitality , well done on the day Andy btw.

When my lad realised there would be standing shots he almost pulled out for the day, knuckled down & cracked on with it, took down his first ever free standing 31 yarder across the lake, what a shot for such a young lad.

Struggles with weight of the rifle sometimes & had to re adjust for that shot but boy it was great to see, made me feel very very proud, he finished with a 47/60.

Won't be long before he's nipping on my heels then going past me, so watch out now he's got the taste.

I can see why these comps do so well, thanks once again to everyone involved.

Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread