Thread: kneeling roll
View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2016, 09:40 AM
Phil Gee
Member of: Millride

Originally Posted by AIRFIX GILLY View Post
My question is this..... Shooters will be using the roll under the ankle.. Ok.
But, what will be allowed on or under their knee that's on the floor??
A Matt ? Or a padded knee pad permanently secured for all around the course?
Both? Wow! That's a bean bag ! Or a knee pad taken on and off just on kneeling lanes?

BFTA and WFTA have no ruling on this at present.. So how can you practice kneeling with the roll? An unfair advantage will be gained by shooters using the roll plus padding under knee at present..

Just a thought.

Now where's my bean bag? Off to practice my kneeling.

BFTA do have a ruling, Main Shoot Rules, Rule 10 c, d & e:
c. Any type of clothing, glove, or footwear is allowed provided it is not a hazard to the shooter or others. Clothing may be padded to reduce the pressure of the rifle stock resting on the arm or knee. The padding may be e.g. felt, or layers of cloth.
d. The surface of the pad on which the stock rests must be flat and not shaped to provide lateral support to the stock.
e. Separate pads may be worn over non-padded clothing provided that they conform to the above specifications.

So, as of today, you could use a knee pad similar to the ones people use to support the rifle.

However, the current rules do not consider the potential change to the kneeling rule to remove the bag and move to the mat.
So, we will have to consider the implications of the change to the kneeling rule and consider if this means we will have to introduce restrictions to clothing.
Steyr LG110FT | Big Nikko
Millride FTC