Thread: Windicators
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2016, 08:07 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by Knockedover View Post
I don't think a bit of string hanging off your barrel will suddenly unlock the secrets of wind and the mastery of hft. Hold a string, throw some grass, puff a bit of smoke, it'll give you an approximation of wind direction but on your average, up and down hft course with trees, tracks, hollows, hills and cliff faces how relevant will it be by the time you get to your 40yd 25mm target? Negligible at best I'd guess. If they were allowed I'd probably still continue to pull strings, throw up leaves and watch my shooting partner puff on his nicotine delivery system of choice rather than tie something to my gun I'd be suprised if if allowing them made any difference in scores, if you can shoot well you'll do well, if you can't a piece piece of string won't save you
We had a bit of a debate a while ago and it appears that for ft , most shots taken at a higher level than hft prone it made a difference , so ok , we may get an advantage on any positionals , still if youve checked wind coming round trees that your using for a support and believing the direction good luck to you , dink
I dont know whether I could hang anything of my rifles, bit like adding mudguards to a mountain bike , a bell to your fishing rod , YUK

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?

Last edited by vinny; 21st January 2016 at 08:21 PM.