View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 06:16 PM
Member of: Lea Valley Air Gun Club

Originally Posted by herx77 View Post
Tried to find replacements for RWS Superfields of 4yrs ago.New ones can't hold a candle to them at 55yds; tried JSB same
Maybe not in your rifles Mike , new ones probably good in other peoples including mine , I just tried another few batches one of which had a bit of wow factor when I opened them (yes I am sad , I know ),deep longish and well domed , and these had a narrower than usual waist , gotta be good in the wind , so off to petes farm , stunned with the results , bought the lot , tried them at lea valley SH , the targets missed where because i overwinded them , I now have no excuses ]
Always on the lookout for when my batch runs out(12000), what die etc are you using.
I find that pellets eventually don't match the early ones after a long production run. The Daystates before the selects,Air Arms about the same time and RWS Superfields about the same period too.
When doing FT I had(still have) 3 sleeves of Bisley Magnums from the 80s; they were very accurate and shrugged off wind.Buying as many as you can is a temporary measure as the supply eventually runs out and never as good as they were.
Fighter against the 'Dark Arts'
Dark keeps moving in on the day.
Steadily going downhill faster!

Last edited by herx77; 20th January 2016 at 06:20 PM.