View Single Post
Old 20th January 2016, 03:01 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Pup for HFT

Playing with one I have converted, the thinking was mainly to make positionals easier and they definitely are for me, standing success has double (2 out of 10 from 1 out of 10 ), kneels are way easier for me with it.

However Tench is dead right (as usual ) knowing aim points is different to choosing the right one

So I am currently converting the back end to make a Semi-Pup in which I will be able to get the scope almost touching the action

So in its pup format the whole rifle is 300mm shorter at the back end, the lowest I can get the scope with cheek on action is just shy of 50mm from muzzle to scope centre, in the semi-pup there will be a fully adjustable short back end and cheek piece with the rifle 200mm shorter, the scope now at around 38mm muzzle to CL, this compresses the short aim points considerably.
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE