View Single Post
Old 19th January 2016, 07:46 PM
Default Weakness in Air Arms HFT500

I have recently invested in an Air Arms HFT500. This was a considerable investment for me and I chose the gun after reading reviews and taking advice form other shooters at the club I belong to. On my first outing with the gun the cocking mechanism broke less that 100 pellets in to a session to zero my scope. When I complained about this to the dealer I was asked if I had let the side lever slip at all whilst cocking and loading. It appears that if you do this you are in serious danger of breaking one of the sears on the two stage trigger mechanism. There is no warning about this in the handbook and I have so far not found any reference to this weakness in any reviews I have read. This leaves me doubting seriously whether I should have forked out nearly 900 for a gun that needs to be treated with such caution. I can see how easy it could be to let the lever slip on a cold or wet day out on the field target range. If this is a common known fault with the gun then I think it is a black mark against the Air Arms name and I would expect them to be putting this right and recalling guns with this weakness. The dealer exchanged the faulty gun for a new one for me.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread