View Single Post
Old 10th January 2016, 04:20 PM
WHFTA 2015 World Champion
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
I’ve only been shooting airguns for just over a year, but I’ve already learned that, even when the weight and head size are supposed to be identical, ‘JSB Exact’ is not a single type of pellet at all, but a whole family of pellets, some of which are very good, some of which are really bad, and some of which are just different – very different! The trouble is that you can’t tell which type you are dealing with until you try them, and that is usually going to be after you’ve paid for them. And when you eventually find the perfect batch – you can’t get any more ….

I know they are made by JSB and might be the sweepings from their factory floor for all I know, but so far (so far!) and for whatever reason I am getting significantly better results with AA Fields, in both my HW100 and my LG110. They group as well as the best Exacts I have tried and I have found them to be much more consistent tin to tin and batch to batch.

The only thing to watch out for, if you do decide to give them a try, is damaged skirts – but then I’ve seen some pretty awful tins of ‘real’ Exacts.
Wrt normal JSB exacts , 451 and 452 , s ....I, m really fussy and do a fair amount of testing in the 500 and 900 .over the last two years and despite testing at least 20 different years dies and batches , I have NEVER had any dodgy JSB, s to look at , some do need a bit of cleaning up .just a soak, wash bake and lube , tbh , theres a bit more swarf of recent,
On the strehgth of some recent posts I reckon AA mustve got their QA sorted as the ones I used to buy had bitsof skirts missing ,
cant be rsd to weigh anymore , just indoor test to 50 yds

JSB all the way for me

FTP900 MTC connect,Welhamanium internals -sorted
HFT500, ACZ stock MTC connect
TX200 Mk3 CS1000 stock, hawke vantage sf , Nick G internals
Steyr ?, maybe , they cant all be wrong?