Thread: Air fittings...
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2016, 10:51 AM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Pressure gauges

Wise to use digital, should be more precise than an mechanical but not necessarily any more accurate than a good one used correctly, as you have found

I have a set of digital pressure calibrators accurate to 2 decimal places (+/- 0.1% at full scale) and calibrated to national standards - not for air gunning as such but as part of my work.

You would be amazed at how far out some of the Rifle/bottle/checker gauges are when I have checked them.

Not so bad if you know the error and just want the same thing every time but useless if you want to get a known pressure reading.

Makes me chuckle when I look at the gauges normally supplied with reg checkers, you would be lucky if you got an accurate one but with such a small face/accuracy (probably quoted as 4% or maybe even 5%) and a needle that is probably 3 Barg wide, confidently saying your reg is set to 85 Barg is a bit of a push.
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE