Thread: Keep it Dry
View Single Post
Old 16th December 2015, 06:41 PM
Sniper in Black
Member of: Treetops
Default Keep it Dry

This may sound obvious to everyone but as we know moisture can destroy our guns.

Unless you've been on Mars you will be well aware that the rain has been plaguing us for what seems like a forever now.

So this means for those that have ventured out with their guns in this is constant downpour, you are going to have to be extra vigilant against rust!

Unfortunately, i've had a few friends caught out recently, despite what they thought was a thorough clean and dry! They have have fallen victim to the dreaded Rust! Seeing beautiful bluing tarnished breaks my heart!

So to help preserve the finish on our prized possessions i have a top tip!

After cleaning drying and putting away I would advise a simple addition to your gun cabinet/storage area! A damp trap! Its a plastic pot filled with silica gel granules that has a water trap at the bottom. You can buy them for as little as 70p from supermarkets and other homewear shops. They last for months (depending on how damp your storage area is) and you can actually see the water that gets trapped, so simply replace the pot with a new one when its full.

This should suck up any remnants of moisture left on the gun and in the air and help protect against rust. This won't substitute for good cleaning practices but I hope this helps.
Brocock Enigma .22
FX Typhoon .177
MTC Viper 10 x 44
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread