View Single Post
Old 11th December 2015, 12:50 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Rapido View Post
i started with HFT this year, and like it very much, and in the last competitions was steady in top5 (not that many competitors in NL ).

For the coming year I would like to have a go at FT. As I have the scope already (Sightron S3 10-50x60 which I use at 100 meters competion) and a gun (Daystate Grand Prix) I've put together the rifle and started to practice the sitting position with help of the BFTA technical skills manual - the updated one, with lots of pictures.

I have tried all variants of the sitting position, but don't seem to be able to get a stable position. I'm all over the practice targets ... Not steady enough for the smaller or longer range targets. Where do I need to focus in practising to get a steadier rifle?

The Daystate has a normal butt, not a hook as you see on most serious rifles. Does such a hook help considerably in getting the rifle steady?
Can you get someone to take some snaps in your position on a mobile and post them? If you can, zoom the camera in as far as possible, then step back till you get in all the frame... this keeps the distortion to a minimum.

Comps are good experience, and good sources of learning, but a few of the basics can be covered here.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep