View Single Post
Old 4th February 2010, 09:16 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by holly View Post
Berty , do you not get the feeling that these guys are being wound up to buy this kit ? it seems like a fever on american sites . "yeah man , like you have gotta have this kit . it is the best i have ever tried . nothing to touch it " when i go to the euros i always go over to the optics stands and have a look through the spotting scopes . the best of em is the swarovski i reckon . 1100 . twice ot three times the price of the rest of em .but really they are not that much better than those costing much less . so where do you draw the line . nowhere i suppose . if you want it . can afford it . buy it ??? HOLLY
That's the thing Hols... I can afford this. But i'd never say you need it... in fact i reckon your common garden 2nd hand hakko or nikko is probably all you'd ever need... all you want is a different matter, but it's all you need.

No, this is a luxury item, not a necessity. You don't need to keep up with the Jones either. I hardly ever go out on the lash these days and when I do, the 3.50 a pint for guiness reminds me what I could blow.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep